FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore upgrade vs. change to DVDit or Studio Pro

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
bluebike
Encore upgrade vs. change to DVDit or Studio Pro
on Nov 3, 2006 at 4:01:05 am

It's time for me to either upgrade Encore (from 1.5 to 2.0) or look at switching to a different DVD authoring programme. And I need advice!
Encore just isn't doing it for me at the moment - too many issues with ugly menu higlights and lots of limitations with menus etc.
As the computer I'm currently working on is also in desperate need of an upgrade I want to keep an open mind as to where to next...
Any suggestions?
I mainly work on simple DVDs (no animated menus) with lots of chapters and menus. Currently I design menus in Photoshop and export mpegs from either Premiere Pro or compress them through Squeeze. This all happens on a PC although I like the idea of getting a new Mac... whatever's best value for money I suppose!
Any tips or advice or comparisons would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Pierre-Luc
Re: Encore upgrade vs. change to DVDit or Studio Pro
on Nov 6, 2006 at 6:21:36 pm

Do you work on many commercial DVD's? If not, I would suggest DVDlab Pro. Its very powerful, more than Encore and others in the same category, only for 250$. You have access to all specifications and it contains great features to make authoring easier.

Don't fear the tiger, the Cow is near!

Studio Plasma
Mastering & DVD
Montreal (QC) Canada
http://www.studioplasma.ca

Return to posts index

shvr
Re: Encore upgrade vs. change to DVDit or Studio Pro
by
on Nov 7, 2006 at 4:57:07 pm

DVDiT Pro comes with eDVD for around $400.00. Uses the same core spec engine as Scenarist and it's rock solid.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]