FORUMS: list search recent posts

Some effective ways to create DVD labels...

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
raiderneal
Some effective ways to create DVD labels...
on Oct 28, 2006 at 4:41:18 am

What are you using to create labels for your DVDs?

Return to posts index

Anoni Moose
Re: Some effective ways to create DVD labels...
on Oct 28, 2006 at 6:40:07 am

Whenever I've seen this asked on a forum, responses usually just argue strongly against the use of labels on DVDs.

The "standard answer" is to just not do it and to print directly on the disks. A lot of inexpensive inkjet printers can do so.

So consider this answer "done".

Personally, I use a sharpie permanent pen. Not too commercial of a product and graphics rather limited, but it works for me.

Now, if you're talking about DVD case labels: photoshop, corel(draw/paint), etc would do fine.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Oct 28, 2006 at 8:47:32 pm

I just have mine professionally printed. The hassle is 0%, print quality great and the cost is totally worth it:

http://www.cdprintexpress.com/

-Noah

Return to posts index

Bob Cole
Printing, and more
on Nov 7, 2006 at 4:14:09 pm

Do you use CDPrintExpress for printing only or the whole job? I like to burn and verify my own DVD-R, using trusted media, but if I do that, then send DVDs to CDPrintExpress, it's going to add a week to the delivery schedule.

I'm looking at my options on both ends, for both small quantities and replicated work. I use the Epson R300, which is extremely convenient, but time-consuming.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Oct 30, 2006 at 1:09:48 am

The Epson R220 printer at just $89 does a great job.

DRW

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Post-production Supervisor
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

Return to posts index

shvr
by
on Nov 2, 2006 at 6:02:47 am

I use Photoshop to create the artwork and import the files into Epson Disc printing software and print from there.

I use printable discs, but there are some very thin stick on labels that seem to work OK. THe issue with labels are two fold: they can throw the disc out of balance so it will not play correctly, and they can eventually begin to lift off after use because of exposure to heat that many DVD drives produce (especially in PCs)

Return to posts index

LDJFILM
on Jan 25, 2007 at 10:51:41 pm

Can you lend some further info on how you set up in Photoshop to create your labels. I also use Espon software and printers but would like more versatility by utilizing PS..

thanks in advance.

LDJ

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]