FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Burning

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew R.
DVD Burning
on Oct 27, 2006 at 1:52:34 pm

I created a show in AVID Xpress pro, exported it out as a quicktime reference file to go into Sorensen Squeeze, brought it in DVD by Sonic and burned it to DVD. It was only about 2 gig so there was plenty of disc space. It burned fine and even plays in all the DVD players I tested it on. The problem is when I go to duplicate it in the Copy Master Tower it say there is a "source disc error". Am I missing something when I burn the original disc? I have burned shorter projects (10min) and been fine. I have tested and tested and have come up empty. Anyone ever have similar problems? I think the problem is with the duplication tower but how can I be sure?

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Andy

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
Re: DVD Burning
on Oct 27, 2006 at 5:11:20 pm

Do you see any picture errors (blocks) or hear any audio garbage anywhere in your master DVD? The duplicator might be finidng an uncorrectable data error somewhere in you disc. Or maybe your bitrate has a very high spike that the duplicator doesn't like. The only other issue I can think of would be if the DVD isn't closed, but that usually only comes up on standalone DVD recorders.

Play your DVD in a player that can display the bitrate (most can). If it hit 10.0, you might need to reduce your encode rate. Otherwise try burning another DVD and maybe the duplicator will like that one.

Always use high quality DVD-R blanks.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

Andrew R.
Re: DVD Burning
on Oct 27, 2006 at 8:24:38 pm

Thanks for the insight. I'll keep working on it.

Andy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]