FORUMS: list search recent posts

Copy DLT to another DLT

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Hansen
Copy DLT to another DLT
on Oct 26, 2006 at 5:28:56 pm

hey all

i have about 10 of our movies on DLT (6 are single layer, 4 are dual layer), all have CSS encryption. i would like to make copies of all of these DLTs before i send them out to make more DVDs. we have been having shipping problems and i dont want to lose our only copies in shipping. i bought a Quantum dlt8000 to hook up to our G4 with DVDSP4 to make copies of these DLTs. i'm having problems. none of these DLTs were authored in-house and this is actually my first experience working with DLT. i was looking around in forums and read that DVDSP4 would do a "Read DLT", create a new .img file, and then i could re-format this image back to DLT. i think the CSS is getting in the way. the VIDEO_TS file in the .img file is not readable. it will play back in Apple DVD Player, but its all garbled. does anyone have a suggestion? i really only want to make DLT copies, not do a DVD author to DLT. i have read about a TapeCopy program for PC for $400, but i dont have a PC with a SCSI card (we are all Apple here) and i think buying a PC for just this job is overkill.

thanks for any input.

e

Return to posts index

Frippy
Re: Copy DLT to another DLT
on Oct 26, 2006 at 7:13:49 pm

write me to e-mail: romanml@013.net.il, i can not post examples in this forum

Return to posts index

eric
Re: Copy DLT to another DLT
by
on Oct 26, 2006 at 7:35:55 pm

I would strongly suggest purchasing DVDAfter Edit..It can easliy do what you need and way more. I use for re-authoring and all my pre-mastering needs. And It's the only Mac I know of program that can do what you need.

http://www.dvdafteredit.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]