FORUMS: list search recent posts

Have you tried Cinemacraft SP2 ?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pierre-Luc
Have you tried Cinemacraft SP2 ?
on Oct 24, 2006 at 4:06:17 pm

I read all the great words about CCE SP and its great features. I made some tests and was very happy with the results. CCE SP2 just came out and tried it too, results are amazing. But my dilemma is that I was thinking to buy a Optibase DE card before trying CCE. I don't have yet a Betacam player and don't plan to have one in a short term. At first, I thought I could buy Optibase card and borrow the Beta from the company near of my studio, and buy one when my cashflow would allow me to do so, but when I saw the CCE SP2 results, I was not sure about the money that was involved with the hardware solution, for now. I didn't try Optibase but got a sample DVD with short shots encoded at different bitrates. I also talked to a CCE reseller who told me that SP2 has the same core as the Xtream version (used by major studios), so the better choice probably is CCE SP2 for my budget right now. What do you think about that guys ? I author DVDs of all sort and need to have more controls and better quality than Compressor, Sonic Transcoder, Bitvice or ProCoder.

I also heard that Apple had talk to Cinemacraft about their big Compressor problem: Professionnal quality. More to come...?

Don't fear the tiger, the Cow is near!

Studio Plasma
Mastering & DVD
Montreal (QC) Canada
http://www.studioplasma.ca

Return to posts index

Frippy
Re: Have you tried Cinemacraft SP2 ?
on Oct 25, 2006 at 3:02:49 pm

Imho:
If you have
1. MPEG2 hardware encoder with RS-232 control, 2 or more pass VBR
2. Digibeta (or other hight-quality player/recorder)
you not need CCE or ProCoder :)

If you need to capture video, then edit, then encode from tileline, or you render video from 3dmax or other, you need CCE! :)

Short: if you have 30.000$ :) or more to buying MPEG2 high-quality hardware encoder and you must capture from IN to OUT, then you need Optibase card or other.
If you need HIGHEST-QUALITY software encoder with multipass_vbr, and 3xRealtime encoding -> you need CCE :)
Note! SP2 optimized to multi-cpu mashines!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]