FORUMS: list search recent posts

Nightmare mastering to DLT with Encore

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Julie Meek
Nightmare mastering to DLT with Encore
on Oct 20, 2006 at 5:33:49 am

I'm trying to master a DVD9 project to DLT, and I've used eDVD for web links. I built the project to a folder, did the eDVD work. I can load the Video_TS folder and the eDVD files into a DVD burning program and make disks that play, navigate and look great. But if I tell Encore I want to make a DLT Master from a Volume, as soon as the DLT starts to burn I get an error message saying "the number of DVD sectors is invalid."

With tech support I've burned the project to DLT no problem (using the project as the source--not the Video_TS folder) and I've burned the project to disk no problem. I've built a dummy DL project, built it to a folder, added the eDVD ROM content and it burns to DLT. I've modified my existing project by removing a 20 minute video in case it was a size issue, built it to a folder, and it generates the same error message.

2 questions:

Since building the project to disk with the eDVD content as ROM content works, and since the DLT will accept that method, is there any possible problem caused by creating the master that way?

And second, any ideas what the problem might be?

All tech support could advise was to start taking assets out of the project until I find the problem. But that would mean building it to a folder each time and then attempting to build which would take days.

I'm exhausted, depressed and very late now--2 days late to the replicator. So any help would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Pierre-Luc
Re: Nightmare mastering to DLT with Encore
on Oct 20, 2006 at 5:27:22 pm

"the number of DVD sectors is invalid." Are your Disc properties well set ? Project is Dual-Layer, Layer break is well flagged, project do not exceed 8.54GB, etc. Try to build to your hard drive the TS folder and make your DLT using Gear PRO Mastering, where you will add eDVD content.

Don't fear the tiger, the Cow is near!

Studio Plasma
Mastering & DVD
Montreal (QC) Canada
http://www.studioplasma.ca

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]