FORUMS: list search recent posts

extracting files from a DVD and coverting PAL to NTSC

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Caropillar
extracting files from a DVD and coverting PAL to NTSC
on Oct 18, 2006 at 2:44:11 pm

First off , hello and thanks to whomever helps me out with this. I need HELP! My company received a DVD from a post production company overseas that we need to extract video and audio files from and covert to NTSC from PAL and author a new DVD of. Can anybody give me the name/link to software I can download to extract files off of a DVD? Also, is it OK if I convert the video file in Compressor from PAL to NTSC?

HELP! Thanks again in advance(:

Return to posts index

Frippy
Re: extracting files from a DVD and coverting PAL to NTSC
on Oct 18, 2006 at 3:49:22 pm

Extract - DVDDecryptor.
It extracts by film/chapter/cell

Then
Video
1. You need Canopus ProCoder and convert your PAL to NTSC 23.98 (set option "get first nearest frame")
You must encode new MPEG2 file WITHOUT change number of frames, ONLY chabge speed of playing

2. You need pulldown.exe - utility to convert 23.976 progressive source to 29.97 interlaced
OR
You can encode with procoder by setting "23.976->29.97 pulldown"

Note. You can change speed of video by using VirtualDubMod. VDM can save AVI files from MPEG2 sources, and change it's speed without change number of frames

Audio
1. you need to decode audio to wave files and change speed to 25/23.976 - Samplitude Studio, Sound Forge, Wave Lab, Nuendo and many other
2. encode to AC3 by Sonic Foundry Soft Encode, Scenarist AC3 Encoder, Surrcore AC3 encoder etc.

If your PAL video interlaced, then you must transcode your video by
a) Software - Canous Procoder (slow and low quality result)
b) Hardware - you can find many transcoders with Google :)

if you have subtitles you must extract it by SubRip, then (like a sound) change speed.

After all you can author a new DVD-ViDEO disk :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]