FORUMS: list search recent posts

Quick or easy way to raise the audio on already finished DVD and reburn?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Huggett
Quick or easy way to raise the audio on already finished DVD and reburn?
on Sep 27, 2006 at 6:08:17 am

Hi guys

I have a dvd from a client that wants me to lift the audio track so that it can be heard better. Is there an easy way to do this? Im happy to buy software to do this job.

Cheers and thanks for the suggestions
Chris

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Quick or easy way to raise the audio on already finished DVD and reburn?
on Sep 27, 2006 at 6:27:53 pm

Nope- you would need to get the audio at a point before it become AC3. Demuxing tools would be needed if that was not possible.

Noah

Return to posts index

Chris Huggett
on Sep 27, 2006 at 9:19:14 pm

Hi Noah

If i then Demuxed it, i would then have the ac3 file right. What application would allow me to easily demux, then adjust the audio level and put it all together without affecting the authoring already done.

I have demuxed before, but found that the audio fell out of sync and it scared me off doing anything from then on.

Cheers
Chris

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Sep 27, 2006 at 9:59:49 pm

Exactly- demuxing is opening up a huge can of worms but you can find these programs via google. My suggestion is either live with it or gain access to the original project files. Once it's a DVD there's not an easy way.
Noah

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
on Oct 2, 2006 at 2:40:36 am

What about using MPEG Streamclip and open the Video TS folder, open the VOB file and export an AIFF clip. You can even increase the volume right out of MPEG Streamclip with the Adjustments controls. Cool.

then, at least you'd have an AIFF that was louder. I assume you authored the DVD so it's just a matter of replacing the original low audio with the new one you created.

Did I miss something else?

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]