FORUMS: list search recent posts

major color issues authoring with dvd studio pro

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Blue Dog
major color issues authoring with dvd studio pro
on Sep 27, 2006 at 2:22:36 am

hi. we've just finished color correction for our indie film, and looking at the digi-beta master on a pro-ntsc monitor- it looks great. but, the dvd's look terrible. there has been a lot of yellow added to warm up the picture. so on the master, the yellow is subtle and applied to the backgrounds, on the dvd, the yellow is awful and everywhere. for example, on a close up of our lead, his skin is so freakishly yellow he looks like an oompa-loompa- not the look we're going for. here's the other kicker- when played on a computer with an LCD monitor, the dvd's look great- like the master. but i've played the dvd's on 4 different television, with 4 different dvd players, and they all look like crap. does anyone know how to solve this color issue in dvd studio pro? we cut the project in FCP. color was final touch, brought back into FCP. quick time exported from FCP, 10 bit uncompressed, 23.98 non-drop frame. then dvd studio pro used to do the authoring.

Return to posts index

Pierre-Luc
Re: major color issues authoring with dvd studio pro
on Sep 27, 2006 at 2:48:05 pm

The video was encoded with DSP or Compressor ? Which version ? What were the encoding settings ?

Don't fear the tiger, the Cow is near!

Studio Plasma
Mastering & DVD
Montreal (QC) Canada
http://www.studioplasma.ca

Return to posts index

Blue Dog
on Sep 27, 2006 at 6:36:16 pm

the quicktime was exported out of FCP at 10 bit uncompressed. then, the encoding was done in dvd studio pro at default settings for SD... does this answer your questions? if not, please tell me where to look to find out how to answer correctly... not familiar with DSP/compressor... thx so much!

Return to posts index

Blue Dog
on Sep 27, 2006 at 6:36:17 pm

the quicktime was exported out of FCP at 10 bit uncompressed. then, the encoding was done in dvd studio pro at default settings for SD... does this answer your questions? if not, please tell me where to look to find out how to answer correctly... not familiar with DSP/compressor... thx so much!

Return to posts index

Roman Flute
on Oct 12, 2006 at 1:16:01 am

Check your settings - I bet your defaults are for 8-bit. And also I think there has been some sort of update for 10-bit QT files.

RF

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]