FORUMS: list search recent posts

Turning down audio levels....PAINFUL?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Danzana
Turning down audio levels....PAINFUL?
on Sep 26, 2006 at 4:51:16 am

My project is ready to encode and burn to DVD, but I am aware that its best to keep audio levels below -6dB, and want to do so.
My levels get up into the orange/red in FC....This project is large, and it would be extremely time-consuming to attempt turning down the levels on each clip....what alternative is there if I am going to encode using dvdSP? Or would it be recommended that I convert the audio to Dolby Digital using Compressor - if so, is it ok to wait and turn down the levels then instead? Thanks for your help, I'm pretty uncertain about the best workflow...I also was going to burn my master in dvdSP, is it really much better to build an image and burn using Toast or Finder?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Turning down audio levels....PAINFUL?
on Sep 26, 2006 at 5:09:43 pm

recommend a proper mix- either using the Mixer tool in FCP or using Soundtrack Pro. If you're audio is not well mixed what's the point of putting out a DVD?

Noah

Return to posts index

Ed
Re: Turning down audio levels....PAINFUL?
by
on Sep 27, 2006 at 3:26:06 pm

Is there some reason why you don't simply lower the Master audio? Are your levels all over the place
and lowering the Master will make some too low? If so, you better take the time and remix the audio
so it sounds professional. You can also normalize the audio, you can compress it too.
Ed

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]