FORUMS: list search recent posts

Place to get graphics put on DVD-R and duplicate, other questions

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chixwithtrix
Place to get graphics put on DVD-R and duplicate, other questions
on Sep 22, 2006 at 5:53:52 pm

This is my first production DVD so excuse my ignorance

I'm making an event coverage DVD for a group of pilots around the country. I'll probably sell about 50 DVDs. I have been looking around online for places to put a graphic on the DVD and duplicate my master and don't know a reputable one to go with. Who would you recommend?

I don't know if these questions can be answered without writing a book, but if a simplified answer can be made please help me out here...
Is there any specific things I should know about making a master other than burning slow(1X?) From what I have gathered I shouldn't make it too high of a bit rate? I will be using the latest Premiere and Encore. Does the burner make a difference in the burning process? Mine is a cheap Pioneer so I have to ask.

I have other questions, but cannot remember them now. If you could help me out it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Ashley

Return to posts index

Ed
Re: Place to get graphics put on DVD-R and duplicate, other questions
by
on Sep 22, 2006 at 6:14:40 pm

For that few DVDs, I'd look around your area and use someone local. Most local services
will print your image to ink-jet printable DVDs too.

For the master there are 2 schools of thought, one says as you did that burning at 1x
gives the highest compatibility (fewest errors), others say that burning at the rated speed of
the burner is better. I don't have a definite answer to that, but for a master I stick with the 1x opinion.
Even though the DVD spec allows you to go higher, don't go over 8Mbps or so. Going with
an average of 6-6.5 with max at 8 will give a good image. Encoding your audio to AC3
helps keep the bandwidth down too.
Ed

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]