FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVDA3 Workflow Help for newbie

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
OctaneGuy
DVDA3 Workflow Help for newbie
on Sep 18, 2006 at 9:01:16 am

I create How-To DVD's for the automotive industry using Vegas and DVDA. Well prior to using DVDA, I was comfortably using TMPEGDVD which is very simple to use. The DVD's I produce run for between 2.5 to 3 hours. Because I'm using older technology which works ok for me, my renders are incredibly slow. It's not unusual for an 18 hour MPEG2 render from Vegas for me. I master to DVD-R, then send out to Diskmakers for replication.

For my latest 3 Hour DVD, my computer crashed after 40 hours of rendering due to a loose cable from an external drive I was writing to. Because that loss of time was not acceptable, I decided to split the renders into 1 hour segments, thinking I could splice them together in DVDA. Each 1 hour file is about 2.8GB using 2pass rendering.

Assuming that my 3 segments can be made to fit 8.5GB, I'm having a number of problems.

1.) I somehow lost the chapter info from my project, so I was going to just create new chapters in DVDA after the 3 clips were imported. However it seems the way to splice this is by using the Music Compilation feature?? But I couldn't add chapters to each clip. It only adds chapters to the beginning of each of the 3 clips.

2.) For my first 2HR DVD, I rendered it to fit 4.2GB on a single DVD-R. For this 3HR DVD, I'm going to be using a dual layer DVD as the master. If splicing and merging is an issue, should I be rendering out a single 8GB file? Will that present any problems???

3.) Are there more themes that I can buy for DVDA than what comes stock??

4.) I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by the DVDA workflow. Where can I learn more about the basics of creating an actual project??

Thank you so much!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]