FORUMS: list search recent posts

Anyone used ZOOtech DVD authoring tools ?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pierre-Luc
Anyone used ZOOtech DVD authoring tools ?
on Sep 9, 2006 at 6:16:50 pm

Can anyone tell me any experience with ZOOtech DVD authoring tools ? They say its used by Hollywood studios and many authoring houses, but I never heard someone talked about it.

Don't fear the tiger, the Cow is near!

Studio Plasma
Mastering & DVD
Montreal (QC) Canada
http://www.studioplasma.ca

Return to posts index

eric
Re: Anyone used ZOOtech DVD authoring tools ?
by
on Sep 9, 2006 at 7:04:15 pm

I played around with it one time...it's basically makes authoring DVD games easier. It automates scripting function when using tons of commands and hundreds if not thousands of PGCs..it kinda made my head spin for sure :):)

Return to posts index

Pierre-Luc
on Sep 11, 2006 at 1:53:58 am

That's what I understood from their website. So does it look only useful for DVD games or there are some powerful options that we could use for more standard DVDs (Still can be very complex) or does it work in way that very speed up the authoring process ? I didn't find any license fees on their site.

I'm using DVD Studio Pro and Sonic DVD Fusion. DSP have a lot of features, but as most people know, its abstraction layer is really messed up compared to DVD Specifications. So for serious jobs, I use Sonic Fusion, but since its kinda old, it misses some features that DSP has. On my way to get DVDAE...

Return to posts index

eric
by
on Sep 11, 2006 at 4:00:56 am

Hi Pierre

As you know we have limited options when using spec level tools. Zoo tech just makes it easier to code hundreds / thousands of PGCs - something like these games would take forever with Scenarist. I've seen some custom program that work very much the same way as Zoo Tech's app.

I highly recommend you get AfterEdit - I author all my discs with it these days and it's pre mastering tools are super!

Return to posts index

Pierre-Luc
on Sep 11, 2006 at 4:04:58 am

Can you fully author a DVD with DVDAE or you author with DSP and then optimized it with DVDAE (As it supposed to be I think) ?

Return to posts index

eric
by
on Sep 11, 2006 at 3:35:44 pm

The initial build can be done in DVDSP or any authoring program. From there DVDAE opens the TS folder and you can move menus between domains and do a full re-author.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]