FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVDit PE Next Clip Jumping

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
CraigShiver
DVDit PE Next Clip Jumping
on Sep 7, 2006 at 10:52:42 pm

Hey all,
Im currently forced to use DVDit PE to create a DVD. The video files were exported out of Premiere 6.5 as Mpeg2's... seen as .avi and .wmv by DVDit.

Ok so what im trying to do is make a simple end jump on each of the movie clips to jump to the next movie. I dont need any menu's, just end jump from clip one to the beginning of clip2. from the end of clip2 to the beginning of clip3. Simple right?..... when I go into the properties of one of the clips and click on the drop down box for "End Action". I have these options; Same as Next, Last Menu, Loop. Nothing anywhere for any of the movies, and even if i set the "next button" to "defaul next" and then the "End Action" to "Same as Next", it does not play through all the clips. it stops at the end of clip1. Any ideas or suggestions?

Return to posts index

shvr
Re: DVDit PE Next Clip Jumping
by
on Sep 8, 2006 at 12:21:52 pm

DVDit PE is a fairly low-end app - may not be possible. Why not just edit all you movies together in Premiere in the order you require then author in DVDit and use chapter stops for the beginning of each segment then set the movie as first play and loop it.

Return to posts index

CraigShiver
on Sep 8, 2006 at 2:16:22 pm

I'm putting "bookends" on these shows. a beginning segment and end segment (37 different ones for each of the 12 episodes) so im trying to do these end jumps in an effort to avoid a 30 minute wait for the complete episode and bookends to render out. I would rather have different movies for the intro's and exit's and use the same exported movie for the actual show. so i'd have a 5 minute export time versus a 30 minute export time. what program would you suggest i use?

Return to posts index

shvr
by
on Sep 9, 2006 at 3:37:49 am

Well, If DVDit supports motion menus, your intro and exits could actually be motion menus with an end action that goes into the movie or a button that starts the main movie.

Or try to get a hold of a decent authoring app so you won't have to hack a solution - DVDit PE is limited as you can see.

Return to posts index

Klaus-Peter Prieur
on Sep 9, 2006 at 7:55:59 am

Make am dummy menue. Pull all your clips in this menue. Marke your fist clip as firstplay. Now you can set the "End Action" of each clip in the properties.
K.P. Prieur

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]