FORUMS: list search recent posts

Which DVD to use for master?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cmerillo
Which DVD to use for master?
on Aug 25, 2006 at 8:19:08 pm

Hi guys. I'm fairly new to DVD authoring. I have just completed an interactive DVD for my first project using DVD SP and I'd now like to output a high-quality master. Is there any specific DVD I should use for this? Up until now I've been using standard Memorex DVD-R disks for all my tests but I'd like to provide a better master. Any recommendations?

Also, I have a couple of Pioneer DVD-R disks 'for Authoring' but they won't work in my Mac SuperDrive. From what I could find out about them, they need a different drive to write to them because of the wavelength sensitivity of the drive. Is this old technology? I can't seem to find anyone that sells these drives anymore. What is the highest-quality DVD-R 'General purpose' disk?

Any info would help out. Thanks.

Return to posts index

eric
Re: Which DVD to use for master?
by
on Aug 25, 2006 at 9:25:51 pm

Its really a matter of preference. I've never had a problem with TDKs but others have. Tayo Yuden seems to be a good brand. Just don't use cheap media - you get what you pay for. :)

Authoring discs were used in the Pioneer S201 some years back. You can still by some:

http://search.ebay.com/s201-dvd_W0QQfromZR41

But Ive seen them cheaper though

Return to posts index

cmerillo
on Aug 26, 2006 at 5:08:27 am

Cool. Thanks for the info. I think I'll just buy a quality disk for the burner I have... those Pioneer's are pretty expensive.

Return to posts index

eric
by
on Aug 26, 2006 at 3:04:31 pm

cmerillo

matching discs types to players wont make a difference. Stick with a company that makes media. Maxell, TDK, Tayo Yuden....

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Aug 27, 2006 at 2:35:04 am

[cmerillo] "What is the highest-quality DVD-R 'General purpose' disk? "

Taiyo Yuden.

Here's more info on DVD media:

http://asvideoproductions.com/video/articles/dvdinfo.pdf

- Don

"Please take a moment to fill out your profile, including your computer system and relevant software. Help us help you."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]