Audio Level for Video DVD
by
on Aug 23, 2006 at 3:52:32 pm

We

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Audio Level for Video DVD
on Aug 23, 2006 at 4:03:56 pm

And watch those double posts please... see answer in the other forum you posted to.

Noah

Return to posts index

Floh
by
on Aug 23, 2006 at 4:09:51 pm

Noah,

so what forum would you see this post in? There are probably different people here and there, and maybe someone in one of both forums can give a useful answer...

Floh
creativecow.net Media 100, 844/X and FinalTouch forum host

Return to posts index

eric
by
on Aug 23, 2006 at 6:39:01 pm

Double posting is something that should be avoided. All the same people are pretty much at both spot anyway.

Your levels should be at what you or your client perfers. Our client wants it at -6 so thats what they get. There are no official specs.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Aug 23, 2006 at 7:19:28 pm

Please- check any forum guidelines anywhere on the net. Cross-posting is typically considered impolite, if you care about such things...

Noah

Return to posts index

Floh
by
on Aug 23, 2006 at 8:37:35 pm

[Noah Kadner] "Please- check any forum guidelines anywhere on the net. Cross-posting is typically considered impolite, if you care about such things..."

Um, I have checked these forum guidelines, and there seems to be nothing about cross-posting...
My question is related to Compressor, which is a part of DVDStudioPro, and it is related to DVD Authoring, so I

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Aug 24, 2006 at 4:14:42 am

Whatever man- my advice as a longtime forum leader. You can take it or leave it but it is not something that wins you a lot of love...

Noah

Return to posts index

Dave Friend
on Aug 24, 2006 at 5:12:10 pm

As a long time COW leader myself I suggest you go right ahead and post on as many forums as you want - if they seem logical places to get your questions answered. There's a difference between posting on two or three forums and posting on every forum. It's the later case that constitutes a violation of etiquette and is the forum equivalent of spamming.

In days of old, when newsgroups were accessed over dial-up connections, the bandwidth wasted by cross-posting was inexcusable. Today, with the prevalence of broadband connections - not so much.

I never would have seen your question if it was only on the DVDSP forum

Return to posts index

Floh
by
on Aug 24, 2006 at 5:17:32 pm

[Dave Friend] "As a long time COW leader myself I suggest you go right ahead and post on as many forums as you want - if they seem logical places to get your questions answered. There's a difference between posting on two or three forums and posting on every forum. It's the later case that constitutes a violation of etiquette and is the forum equivalent of spamming."

Dave,

thanks, that

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Aug 23, 2006 at 7:21:21 pm

Or FYI:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross_posting

-Noah

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Aug 29, 2006 at 6:20:20 am

As someone who has never desired to be a Cow leader, because I eat cow from time to time, I say, excellent find Noah, the Wikipedia thing is great. Now, go get your brain back on things creative and quit ruminating about this cross-posting thing.

DRW

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]