FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD-Menus pixelating on Laptop playback

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Karim
DVD-Menus pixelating on Laptop playback
on Aug 22, 2006 at 3:12:03 pm

Hi,

I am working with DVD Studio Pro4 and have a project with some informational pages dropped in menus and slideshows for interactive use. Basically the quality of the encoding never turned out too good in DVDSP but now a client kept talking about pixelation. When checking the DVD on several laptops I found really bad results. I understand that quality has to drop when a PAL DVD is scaled to nearly double size for fullscreen display on a computer display. But the DVDSP Menus are far more pixelated than those of some other pro-DVDs I checked in comparison.

Basically... is there any special things to consider when encoding DVDs which are mainly used for Playback on Windows-Laptops oder Desktop Computers? I tried working on the colorspace, using no full white levels etc. but the quality is still just too bad with a mixture of blurriness and pixel-artifacts.

Also the scaling gets totally different results depending on the DVD-Software installed and the screen-resolution etc. This is really frustrating since I can't find anything to tweak. I am encoding menus in DVDSP with Bitrate of 7 in 1-pass CBR.

Karim

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]