FORUMS: list search recent posts

SP AUTHORING with 4.1

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John O'Brien
SP AUTHORING with 4.1
on Aug 17, 2006 at 7:14:52 pm

Have just completed burning a couple of test discs using both quicktime and mp2 files (produced by Squeeze4/1). The squeeze files look much better just FYI. Do you think upgrading to something like digigami would make another incremental improvement over the sorenson version?

also- I continue to have some set top compatibility issues with an old Phillips and newer Sanyo player. Discs play fine in a inexpensive Memorex. I think the following warnings produced during the burn by SP might have something to do with this:

Warning: The file

Return to posts index

eric
Re: SP AUTHORING with 4.1
by
on Aug 17, 2006 at 8:23:27 pm

These are just warning DVDSP gives when doing a build. Just cuirius - Whats in track 1 of your project. Im kinda confused why it saying its not going to inluse those VOB files in your final buuild?

Return to posts index

John O'Brien
on Aug 17, 2006 at 9:42:03 pm

ah....that's it! I created a button but ended up losiing track of it while learning the graphics overlays etc....that's why I got those warnings. Don't suppose it could account for the decrease in compatibility (sanyo set top) do you?

J.

Return to posts index

eric
by
on Aug 17, 2006 at 9:49:30 pm

No...But what is your bitrate? Did you use AC3 Audio in your title? These are the two most common factors that effect compatibilty

Return to posts index

John O'Brien
on Aug 17, 2006 at 9:53:39 pm

I boosted the bitrate to 7.1 (I think ) and used an MP3 file in the title loop.

thanks for your help here.

J.

Return to posts index

eric
by
on Aug 17, 2006 at 10:07:54 pm

It all depends on the length of your titles but under 7mb/s is always smart. Get rid of that Mp3 file for sure and transcode it to AC3

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]