FORUMS: list search recent posts

HD Authoring ... where are we at?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
JASON_DORRIS
HD Authoring ... where are we at?
on Aug 16, 2006 at 9:00:28 pm

Hello, I'm Jason Dorris. I've been authoring DVDs for a few years [using Adobe Encore and very happy with it]. My company is on the verge of going HD and I noticed burners, media, and playback decks are starting to become comercially available but I haven't really done much research on authoring packages that support HD yet. Is there any new interactivity in the new format? Is the interactivty or authoring conventions different between BluRay and HDVD?

Return to posts index

eric
Re: HD Authoring ... where are we at?
by
on Aug 16, 2006 at 10:34:07 pm

Off hand this is what I could dig up.

http://www.videohelp.com/hd

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/forpros/hddvd/default.aspx
**Try the forums here regarding HD-DVD

Both specs are different and both have included far more robust interactivity. Sonic is the only system that has a fully compliant HD-DVD platform, the Blu-Ray system & spec. is not complete.

It's going to be intresting to see what happens

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Aug 17, 2006 at 1:43:06 am

Probably still another few months before it's really there. Burners and media are just trickling out. And very very few people have players so not exactly an emergency.

Noah

Return to posts index

eric
by
on Aug 17, 2006 at 6:08:45 am

Also to add what Noah said..

Its projected that 20,000 players will be sold this year while another 150,000 will be sold next year.

Doing the math that leaves less than 200,000 possible customers through 2008-9...so this whole HD DVD thing is years away from becoming a true market.

I'd also be willing to bet that HD-DVD & Blu-Ray will fizzle out and die. :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]