FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rimage DVD Duplicator HELP

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robin
Rimage DVD Duplicator HELP
on Aug 16, 2006 at 7:22:37 pm

We own a Rimage DTP 1500 and recently moved it to a new computer. We followed the instructions to install the software. When we start the production server up, it doesn't see the printer. I know that the autoloader runs through printer. We have owned this machine for 3 years now and I feel like I have been through this before and it is just a setting that is not right, but I can't remember. Rimage wont talk to me since they just stopped talking calls on this machine. I have replaced all of the cables, so I know it's not that. I am taking a shot in the dark that someone on here knows what needs to be done.

Thanks for your help.
Robin

Return to posts index

Jeremy Smith
Re: Rimage DVD Duplicator HELP
on Aug 23, 2006 at 5:08:04 pm

Morning Robin
It sounds like there is a problem with the printer driver. We have the 4500 and the Liberty printer and have this problem all the time. It'll start the print monitor randomly when the computer starts up...sometimes after 10+ reboots. Rimage won't give me any straight answers (after holding for 2hrs) but I think their print drivers are real buggy. What I've done in the past is dload the driver and reinstall it. Seems to work for a couple weeks then gets corrupted again.

Ok now for my little rant...I'm so glad to hear someone else is having a problem with Rimage. Our printer just went down AGAIN on our 4500 and Rimage said that after Dec they will no longer support that printer. Now explain to me how a $7-8000 duplicator will be rendered useless if the printer fails and the company will no longer service it. /rant done Sorry...I just got off of waiting for an hour and a half to get through to tech support to have them tell me that I'm going to be SoL. ANyways....

Let me know if that works. I've been driven bananas by that printer error.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Jace Laakso
on Sep 10, 2008 at 5:34:57 pm

Jeremy,
We acquired the Rimage 4500 from another department on campus at the University of Montana and tried to get the print drivers. Alas, it has reached "End of Life" as they say at Rimage support, or non support. We don't have the drivers on the CD that was given to us. It only has drivers for the newer 3000i,
Do you have the drivers for the 4500 with Liberty printer RAS 13, and if so, how can we acquire them?

Return to posts index

Tom Hampton
on Aug 27, 2009 at 6:24:05 pm

Hi Jeremy,

I can appreciate your issue with Rimage Tech Support. I had a call very similar to yours. Have you had any luck since then obtaining replacement software for your Desktop 1500. I had to rebuild the server that my 1500 was on and have not had any luck finding installation software.

I would certainly appreciate any information you can provide.

Tom

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]