FORUMS: list search recent posts

Changing VIDEO_TS Volume Name upon Burning

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jay lee
Changing VIDEO_TS Volume Name upon Burning
on Aug 5, 2006 at 5:09:30 pm

Good morning all,
Thought this was a simple issue but simply unable to find an elegant solution.
I author and prepare my projects in DVD Architect 3.0 and then simply burn the resulting VIDEO_TS folder to disk via Roxio Disk Copier Vers. 7.

The volume name I enter in DVD Architect does not burn on to the disk which simply appears as

Return to posts index

George W.
Re: Changing VIDEO_TS Volume Name upon Burning
on Aug 5, 2006 at 7:08:36 pm

DVDShrink will let you burn an IMAGE to your hard drive, and also let you give it a volume name...

Then you would just need to burn the DVD Image to disc...

btw, which version of DVD Architect are you using (Studio or Full)? I thought the FULL version allows you to burn the volume name in the "Make DVD" step...

Regards,
George

Return to posts index

jay lee
on Aug 5, 2006 at 9:37:11 pm

Good afternoon George,
Thank you for taking the time to write.
I am using the full version of Architect 3.0. And yes it does give you an opportunity to input a value for volume name in

Return to posts index

Anoni Moose
on Aug 6, 2006 at 6:41:06 am

AFAIK the Volume Label isn't in the VIDEO_TS stuff. When burning a DVD from "Nero Burning Rom" (what I use, because I've been using it forever) you can just type in the Volume name in a box on the Label tab of the Compilation Properties. Have done it, works fine. But it's not a "disk copying" thing, it's a "DVD-Video" project and you drag your VIDEO_TS directory into the project and then usually just edit the volume label there, although one can do it the properties as well as mentioned above.

Return to posts index

jay lee
on Aug 7, 2006 at 9:25:06 am

Anoni,
Thank you for writing. I see......the volume name is not embedded in the video_TS files, thus a "copy" will not add a volume name. Shall try Nero.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Cheers,

J

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]