FORUMS: list search recent posts

safest settings for DVD authoring with Studio Pro...

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
micah ginn
safest settings for DVD authoring with Studio Pro...
on Aug 4, 2006 at 8:33:03 pm

I have DVD that aren't being read by various DVD players. At what settings should I put DVD Studio Pro to insure the disc plays in all DVD players?

thanks!

Return to posts index

eric
Re: safest settings for DVD authoring with Studio Pro...
by
on Aug 4, 2006 at 8:55:33 pm

First you should know there's no such thing as a DVD which will play in all players. You can do things to improve compatabilty:

1. Keep your overall avg bitrate below 7.0 Mb/s Remember Less is better in DVD. Use CBR if possible to avoid bitrate spikes which all encoders have.

2. Always use AC3 Audio - PCM/AIF takes alot of bandwidth which may throw you over the top which is 9.8 mb/s

3. Use good quality Media

4. Don't use DVDSP layered menus!

5. Don't use DVDSP slideshow functions - make any slideshows manual.

6. Burn at the slowest speed possible - some might argue this

7. Don't use paper labels

Good Luck

Eric

Return to posts index

supervideo
on Aug 16, 2006 at 10:09:43 pm

Well if you really want the most compatiable discs which will play in well over 90 percent of all players ( as a matter of fact ive never had one that did not play ) you have to burn 3.95 dvd for authoring blank media .However these discs can only be burned in the pioneer dvrs201 .which last I checked cost about 4000 dollars .Not bad though i paid 5400 for mine...Also the blank
media is much more too maybe around 15 a disc for a blank . But I can tell you first hand if you need to be sure they play ..thats the only game in town !

Return to posts index

JP Driscoll
on Aug 29, 2006 at 9:40:06 pm

I've found that some DVD players won't read discs burned in DVD SP. If you make a disc image and burn that to disc using Finder, it seems to work in more players.

JP Driscoll

WDAY TV
Fargo, ND

"Television! Teacher, mother, secret lover." ~Homer Simpson

Return to posts index

Shayne Weyker
on Sep 7, 2006 at 7:38:59 am

Yeah I recently picked up a mac and Final Cut Suite and was looking for the mac equivalent of DVD Decrypter, not for the decrypting part but because it is the absolute best way of burning DVDs on a PC. You just have to give it an ISO disk image to work with.

So can other folks confirm that DVDSP->disk image->DVD is better than DVDSP->DVD?

Anyone have an opinion about whether Toast or Finder is better at burning disk images?

--Shayne

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]