FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion blurring in DVD

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
michaelangelo
Motion blurring in DVD
on Aug 3, 2006 at 3:36:41 pm

I'm encountering serious motion blurring when I playback a DVD through a set-top player NTSC monitor. My workflow is to export out of Avid Xpress Studio HD as a quicktime reference file, encode in Sorenson Squeeze, and author in Avid DVD by Sonic. My encoding settings are MPEG-2, Elementary, 2-pass VBR, total data rate 9300 (audio 1536, video 7800), NTSC 720 x 480, frame rate 29:97, Field encoding - bottom field first, I frame rate - 6. What's driving me crazy is that I was able to successfully encode a previous version of this without the motion blurring at the same encoding settings. I had to go back to modify a Marquee Animation (under render options, select suppress vertical jitter)and then re-export and re-incode. I haven't gotten a clean version yet. I've reincoded a zillion (actually only a million) different ways with the same result. I haven't been able to determine if this is an Avid issue, Squeeze, or Avid DVD. I did go back and re-incode the original trouble-free exported sequence and am having the same motion-blurred results. The only variable that has changed is the Marquee setting, but isn't this setting limited to Marquee titles and animations, and not the entire sequence? Anyone have any ideas? (since I'm not sure where the problem lies, I'm submitting this in both DVD authoring and Avid Editing forums). Thanks in advance for your help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]