FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD labeler

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Adamcik
DVD labeler
on Jul 24, 2006 at 5:16:08 pm

I would like some suggestions for a DVD/CD labeler. We do DVD/CDs in various batches, anywhere from 1-25 copies for clients. What would be a good printer for this purpose? Manual vs automatic feed? Is there a dry-time issue after the discs are printed? Any experience with the Primera Bravo II AutoPrinter, it seems like it would fit the bill.
Thanks.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: DVD labeler
on Jul 25, 2006 at 6:45:17 am

Mark,

The Epson R220 or R320 inkjets are the best bang for the buck in my opinion. Everyone I know that makes under 100 at a time uses them. Why get anything else? The printed discs are clear and colorful, the software that comes with printers is simple and infallable, the discs are dry and ready to go instantly, and so long as you don't drool or cry on them they're wonderful.

DRW

Return to posts index

Arniepix
on Jul 25, 2006 at 3:21:00 pm

If you need color go with the Epson. If you only need monochrome, then Casio makes a family of dirt cheap thermal printers that are supposed to be really good. Prices start at $75 or $100.

Arnie

Now in preproduction: Peristroika (Cosmological Congress), a film by Slava Tsukerman

http://www.arniepix.com

Return to posts index

Bob Cole
on Jul 27, 2006 at 8:39:40 pm

[Arniepix] "Casio makes a family of dirt cheap thermal printers that are supposed to be really good. Prices start at $75 or $100."

I thought the Casios would be great too. My local Office Depot had a stack of those that they were practically begging customers to take off their hands. I bought one and returned it without opening it when I realized that the replacement thermal cartridges would cost too much.

Unlike DRW, I have trouble with the Epson R's. I am on my third or fourth R300. They are definitely for light duty only.

Return to posts index

Hellman Production
on Aug 19, 2006 at 4:38:12 am

We've owned the bravopro for almost a year and it has just been sent back to service for the 2nd time. Go figure. It is definitely the most finicky out of all the printers we own.

http://www.hellmanproduction.com

We simplify CD DVD Duplication

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]