FORUMS: list search recent posts

motion menu in dvd studio pro

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
andile
motion menu in dvd studio pro
on Jun 28, 2006 at 12:45:04 pm

hi guys.

i am trying to make a motion menu with 5 buttons in dvd studio pro. i want the 5 buttons to have a rollover effect. can anyone help me on regards on how to do this. my motion menu is done in flash and exported as an quicktime movie.

thanks

andile

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: motion menu in dvd studio pro
on Jun 28, 2006 at 7:21:35 pm

Ain't gonna happen. Common mistake is assuming Flash/Web style design transfers to DVD. Because nothing animated can be cached into memory with DVDs, rollovers are just about impossible. Take away the rollovers and read into the manual regarding the simple highlight method and you can come up with the DVD design equivalent.

Noah

Return to posts index

andile
on Jun 29, 2006 at 9:00:27 am

thanks noah.

but one last thing, i have imported the movie which was done in flash into DVDSP and i have putted it as a background in my menu. so cant i make my buttons in photoshop and bring them in DVDSP with an overlay and do the simple highlight method that DVDSP has.

thanks

andile

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jun 29, 2006 at 4:48:46 pm

Sure you can. In motion menus the BG video is one piece and all the buttons become a single layer. Just peek into the manual more and do the tutorial if you need to. Every Hollywood DVD is done this way, though not often with Flash as an animation source for the BG video.

Noah

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]