FORUMS: list search recent posts

my dvd isn't showing all my image

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
brett stumpp
my dvd isn't showing all my image
on Jun 11, 2006 at 6:52:02 pm

I am burning a disk and everything is fine right up to my actual burning, but every disk I burn has the sides of the picture clipped. I am using nero to burn a dvd generated from premiere using cinema craft basic, but the same thing happened when I used adobe's codec and burned a disk from premiere.The actual footage is 720x486, could that be a culprit? Like I said, even the preview shows me the whole image, but when I view the actual dvd, the sides are being cut off(like it's a 16x9 image cut down to a 4x3). Am I doing something? Is there a setting I don't know about. I need to have the whole image burned, as it effects viewing the film. Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

eric
Re: my dvd isn't showing all my image
by
on Jun 11, 2006 at 7:10:19 pm

DVD only supports 720x480 (NTSC). Crop off those 8 lines and re-encode

Return to posts index

brett stumpp
on Jun 11, 2006 at 7:19:24 pm

cool, i'll give it a try, i figured that might be the culprit. Thanks again.

Return to posts index

brett stumpp
on Jun 11, 2006 at 7:18:37 pm

forgot to add, i'm using a pioneer (an AO4 model if i remember correctly) dvd burner on a dual xeon machine.

It seems the problem is in the burning, as the image looks fine when I preview it in nero.

Return to posts index

brett stumpp
on Jun 12, 2006 at 3:39:59 am

ok, that didn't do a thing. As I had said, the file is fine even when I preview it in nero before I burn it. Any other ideas? anyone? bueller?

Return to posts index

brett stumpp
on Jun 12, 2006 at 5:28:23 am

ok, it was my television,or my dvd player. When watching on another set up the image was there fine. I feel like a boob. hehehe

Return to posts index

George W.
on Jun 12, 2006 at 12:25:21 pm

It could just be the "Overscan" area. When you watch something on your computer, you see the entire picture -- all the way to the outer edges. But when you watch that on a TV, the outer edges are "cut off" -- the amount of "cut off" can vary from TV to TV (around 10 to 20 percent).

Regards,
George

Return to posts index

cow
brett stumpp
on Jun 13, 2006 at 7:53:56 am

That must be it, really disappointing i must say.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]