FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to extract AAC audio from a QT file to use in DVD

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Huggett
How to extract AAC audio from a QT file to use in DVD
on Jun 6, 2006 at 9:36:12 am

Hey guys

A client has given me a QT file of his corportae video. It has been compressed with the H264 codec and the AAC encoder. He wants me to extract the audio from this file and use it in a DVD.

But im having a hell of a time trying to extract just the audio. I have QT pro, but that just crashes when i try to export out of it. Extracting the audio, only keeps it in a .mov file, which i can not use.

I have tried a number of AAC converters off the net, but because its in AAC format, its not readable.

CAn anybody suggest anything?

Thanks
Chris

Return to posts index

WTS(JManz)
Re: How to extract AAC audio from a QT file to use in DVD
on Jun 6, 2006 at 3:12:55 pm

Have you tried Streamclip. It might 'see' the file and allow you to export to aiff.

Jim

Return to posts index

vitaminman
on Jun 8, 2006 at 3:38:16 am

Hey,

Quick and dirty, won't have to mess with codecs and software...

Open an audio editor, set your soundcard to record from the 'wave' input (on a PC, not sure what it is on a mac), hit record, then play your quicktime file. The audio from quicktime should pass through the soundcard's wave input and get recorded into the audio editor. Trim it, save it, and you're ready to go onto the next step.

Take care,

Nick

Return to posts index

seminewbie
on Jun 12, 2006 at 3:17:34 pm

This may sound very Anti-Mac but here goes. If you convert the file to an AVI there are tons of free demuxers on the internet which will allow you to strip the AC3 file out. I use ReJig and it is really easy.

Good Luck;

Dan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]