FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Menu Inactivity Play

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Drunk'n Munky
DVD Menu Inactivity Play
on Jun 3, 2006 at 8:18:25 am

Hi
Well what im trying to do is create a DVD for a Kiosk which will autoplay its contents after a period of inactivity from the user. i.e. if no one presses any buttons on the dvd player after a period of say 30secs it will automatically play the contents of the DVD then return to the menu once its finished. I obtained a kiosk DVD that has this feature but I have been unable to find any way of doing this via an authoring program or any other program for that matter. Any help to solved this advanced problem would be helpful.

Return to posts index

Dave Friend
Re: DVD Menu Inactivity Play
on Jun 3, 2006 at 1:24:30 pm

On the PC platform you will probably need an authoring programs like Sonic Scenarist or Sonic DVD Producer to accomplish this task. These are the only authoring solutions that I am aware of (not to say that others don't exist) that provide this functionality. Oh wait, you should investigate DVD-lab from mediachance.com as it offer very complete access to the DVD spec for programming.

On the MAC, DVD Studio Pro can probably do what you want.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Return to posts index

George W.
on Jun 3, 2006 at 9:45:21 pm

This sounds like a menu timeout function, then set the button to activate when the menu hits the timeout threshold.

What package are you using to do your DVD Authoring?

Regards,
George

Return to posts index

Drunk'n Munky
on Jun 4, 2006 at 4:38:23 am

Im using Adobe Encore 2.0 for my authoring and the project is half made in Encore already so the preference would be to do it inside this program if its possible

Return to posts index

George W.
on Jun 4, 2006 at 4:53:45 pm

I don't have Encore (hopefully someone will chime in), but doing a web search, I found this bullet item as a feature for Encore 2.0

-Menu Control: specify the number of times that a menu should loop. Set a menu to time out and navigate to another part of the disc

This feature looks like it will handle what you want...

Regards,
George

Return to posts index

Drunk'n Munky
on Jun 6, 2006 at 4:26:55 am

Ive investigated this feature in Encore & it appears that the timeout occurs whether you are interactiving with the dvd or not.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]