2 dvd questions

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
coach
2 dvd questions
on May 31, 2006 at 7:15:12 pm

Hello,

I have questions about dvd authoring.
1. I cannot afford 1tray - 2 target dvd tower made by Plextor. I am considering the same make up either by Sony or Pioneer. Anyone one have any input as to which is better and why, the Sony or the Pioneer? They both have the same burn speeds, DL, etc...Is one name brand noted as a better company in this area?

2. If I have a master copy of my production on 1X dvd. Can I burn it to an 8X (at 1X which is the original using a dup tower) and then create my new master on the 8X disc and burn the rest of the copies at 8X to speed things up? I hope this is not clear as mud.

Thanks for any input.
Coach

Return to posts index

Aanarav Sareen
Re: 2 dvd questions
on Jun 1, 2006 at 5:28:51 am

I prefer the Pioneer burners. I have one Pioneer, that I got a couple of years ago and it still is a work horse. I did get a Sony burner a while back from a local store. But, it was extremely picky with the media. However, that may have changed now.

[coach] "2. If I have a master copy of my production on 1X dvd. Can I burn it to an 8X (at 1X which is the original using a dup tower) and then create my new master on the 8X disc and burn the rest of the copies at 8X to speed things up? I hope this is not clear as mud."

Yes, you should be able to do that. However, do that only if time is very important. Usually, lower burn speeds produce higher quality results.

Aanarav Sareen
premiere@asvideoproductions.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]