FORUMS: list search recent posts

Color Shifting after Encode (Cinema Craft)

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Giant Interactive
Color Shifting after Encode (Cinema Craft)
on May 26, 2006 at 6:11:40 pm

I am experiancing a color shift after I encode my clips in Cinema Craft. From After Effects, the clips' levels are reduced to a max luminance of 235. I encode the clips, and the levels are re-boosted back to 255. This is making for some pretty harsh contrast between the transitional clips and the tiffs in the menu.
For those familiar with Cinema Craft, there is an option to leave the levels the same (0-255) or reduce (16-235) during the encode. With either option selected, it is processing the clip, and re-boosting the levels.

Any thoughts or ideas on what the heck is going on and how I can work around this?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Dave Friend
Re: Color Shifting after Encode (Cinema Craft)
on Jun 1, 2006 at 9:04:29 pm

[Giant Interactive] "For those familiar with Cinema Craft, there is an option to leave the levels the same (0-255) or reduce (16-235) during the encode."

As I understand it, the Luminance level setting you refer to determines the math used for colorspace conversion. Specifically, to convert RBG material to component (YCrCb) format - the format CCE uses internally. In other words, you are telling CCE what levels the input material is using, not setting the output levels.

I am curious about how you are determining that the levels come back at 255? I'm sure there is a visible difference. But how are you making the measurement?

Dave

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]