FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sonic eDVD- Link from a Menu?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
JumpCut Ed
Sonic eDVD- Link from a Menu?
on May 26, 2006 at 2:27:02 am

The Sonic website says you can, the tutorial says you can, but can you really link to documents from a DVD Menu?

I have created a Video_TS folder using Sonic Producer (Windows). The First Play is a menu, the menu has "Play Video" and "DVD-ROM Enhanced Content" as options. The "DVD-ROM Enhanced Content" links to a second Menu, with choices, such as PowerPoint presentation, Word document, PDF file.

When I create my eDVD project and add the Video_TS folder, only the chapters from the video appear. I never see a menu, or options to link from a menu.

What am I missing? How do I link to files? I DO NOT want to link from the Video Chapters, I know how to do that.

Am I just over looking something?
Thanks,
Ed

Return to posts index

eric
Re: Sonic eDVD- Link from a Menu?
by
on May 26, 2006 at 3:31:26 am

Actually you do want to link from video chapters

Check out this tutorial and let use know how it turns out

http://www.editorsbin.com/authoring/sonic_edvd.html

Return to posts index

digitalideations
on May 26, 2006 at 3:36:08 am

the interactual player and therefore eDVD can only launch external events if it recognizes a change in domain. a change from menu to menu does not show as a change in domain on your DVD player and therefore can't launch a web site or PDF going from menu to menu. You can, however, create a seamless link from your menus to enhanced content. The clever way to do this is the following. you create your menu with links on it (PowerPoint presentation, web link, PDF, etc). You create a track in the title/chapter that looks identical to your menu. you link to that track from the Powerpoint link for say 3 seconds and you set an end action from that track back to your menu. During the 3 seconds the external link is launching. Your user is never even aware that they left the menu.

Return to posts index

JumpCut Ed
on May 26, 2006 at 3:40:30 am

Thanks guys, I will try this in the a.m. and give you an update. I like the clip that looks like a menu idea.

ED

Return to posts index

JumpCut Ed
on May 26, 2006 at 9:57:08 pm

Thank you both for supplying an answer. I have successfully created my first eDVD and it looks great--more importantly it works great.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Danny Tanner
on Jun 13, 2006 at 5:46:53 pm

Hey there...glad to hear that you got things working...I'm currently stuck and was wondering if you could help me out. I've created my TS folder in Encore DVD and created the links in eDVD...and they worked in the preview of eDVD, but when I try to add the image file to encore and burn I get a disc that doesn't work with the links that I've created. I'm thoroughly frustrated...any ideas?

Return to posts index

WTS(JManz)
on Jun 13, 2006 at 6:10:24 pm

Can you describe in detail the steps you are taking when 'adding' the image file for your dvd output?

Jim

Return to posts index

JumpCut Ed
on Jun 14, 2006 at 2:21:37 pm

Danny,

When you burn the disc, you need to burn the Video_TS folder, and the
files INSIDE the Image folder. Do not add the Image folder, but add the
files inside the Image folder. You should see the "autorun" file. These
files and the Video_TS should then be burned.

That is one of the many mistakes I made--hopefully your trouble is as easy
as that.

Ed

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]