FORUMS: list search recent posts

5.1 surround

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
seminewbie
5.1 surround
on May 22, 2006 at 9:04:31 am

Guys I have just been offered a contract to do a few DVD's based on my ability to take stereo soundtracks and create DVD's with 5.1 outputs.

I use the Adobe Video collection so I can take the stereo from the video and create a 5-track output in Audition.

But how do I get it into Encore. It doesn't want to accept anything I can generate in Audition.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dan

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: 5.1 surround
on May 22, 2006 at 1:52:52 pm

Not familiar with either. But if you can export a 5.1 mix as 6 discrete mono channels you should be in biz.

Noah

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on May 22, 2006 at 4:30:28 pm

Dan,

Given your question I'm assuming you have little experience with 5.1. Outputing 5.1 tracks to a DVD is not hard, most if not all authoring programs will accept Dolby encoded 5.1. But, how exactly do you plan on monitoring and mixing in 5.1 surround? Is your edit suite suitably setup for this or are you planning on doing the mix at another facility and just creating the DVD yourself?

DRW

Return to posts index

seminewbie
on May 22, 2006 at 4:53:53 pm

I can take it to another facility, I also can purchase the required hardware but at this moment my real need is for the secret of getting a 5.1 track into Encore. I can create the 5.1 track in Audition but it seems that every
output format I try will not be accepted by Encore. It has been suggested to me that I try outputting as 6 discrete mono tracks but doesn't Encore limit itself to just 1 track at a time?

Any help you can author or find for me would be much appreciated as this is the best opportunity I have had in a while and don't wish to blow it.

Thanks;

Dan

Return to posts index

Bob Cole
on May 23, 2006 at 4:49:06 pm

I had to do something like this a year ago, and it was not hard.

I used Premiere Pro 1.5, which provided three free encodes from Surcode. After that you have to buy a license.

It was no problem to take the resulting file into Encore.

Here is part of a thread on the PP forum on this: http://forums.creativecow.net/cgi-bin/new_read_post.cgi?forumid=3&postid=85...

Return to posts index

seminewbie
on May 23, 2006 at 7:02:23 pm

Thanks very much for your help......Dan

Return to posts index

seminewbie
on May 23, 2006 at 7:04:58 pm

I should probably do the mix at another facility because I am not set up to do a great job. Thanks for your input. Dan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]