FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blurry Titles

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ASBarton
Blurry Titles
on May 18, 2006 at 10:44:56 pm

Greetings-
I've been trying like crazy to get the animated titles in the menu of my editing reel to come out cleanly. I've tried creating titles several ways and I always end up with text that is pixilated and patchy looking. My last attempt was a simple moving title created in LiveType, exported as an MOV and then brought into DVD Studio Pro as an asset. It works great in the simulator mode (not pixilated or patchy), but after the disc is burned and I play it back on a computer or a TV, the titles look like crap. I created titles cards (as MOVs) that are in the actual chapters of the DVD as well and those get pretty messy too. I've tried bringing in titles that I compressed to m2v format and I've had similar issues.

I've tried this process on a G4 powerbook (1.5 Ghz, 1.5 gig ram) and on a G5 tower (dual 2.0 Ghz, 4 gig ram). I've tried creating titles in FCP and in Motion as well and those are even worse than those I get from LiveType. What am I missing? I just want some clean looking titles so that people will actually click through and check out my work.

Any ideas would great! Thanks-

Adam

Adam Barton
Sound Design & Editing

Adam Barton
Sound Design & Editing

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]