FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sorenson Squeeze problem

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean Emer
Sorenson Squeeze problem
on May 7, 2006 at 5:56:31 pm

I need to get a recently edited show to DVD. My standard procedure for doing this has been exporting as a quicktime reference file from Avid Xpress Pro, compressing to mpv/mpg format, and then burning to disc using DVDit!. There seems to be a problem, however, with my compression stage. I use Sorenson Squeeze 3.5 for compressing, and up until now it has always worked flawlessly. Here's the problem: About 1/8th of the way into the compression (always in the same spot on the video), sorenson stops compressing and gives me an error message that says:

The movie file '"' cannot be found. Without this file, the movie cannot play properly

I have two buttosn to press: Cancel or Search. I hit search and it brings up a browser for me to find the movie named " and obvioudly that doesn't exist. so I have to hit cancel. When I do THAT, I get:

Unable to read the audio data. To compress this file you must turn off audio.

So...
Here is my compression setup:

Elementary
Video: MPEG-2
3000 Kb/s
NTSC
29.97 fps
Constant Bit Rate
720x480
I Frame Rate: 6

PCM Audio
1536 Kb/s
48.000 kHz
Stereo

Normally I would use 6500 kb/s instead of 3000, but the show is an hour and 50 minutes long, so I'm trying to conserve space. I did try compressing on 6500 kb/s to see if it helped, but I still got the error. Does anybody know what might be going wrong here? I'm on a deadline.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]