FORUMS: list search recent posts

Absolutely sickened to the core and need help. SAVE YOURSELF. RIDATA chemical breakdown after a year. HOW TO RELIABLY BACK UP MASTERS!!!!

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Superfly
Absolutely sickened to the core and need help. SAVE YOURSELF. RIDATA chemical breakdown after a year. HOW TO RELIABLY BACK UP MASTERS!!!!
on Apr 13, 2006 at 5:07:49 am

I love my customers and they are very, very important to me, .... for more reasons than $$.

I recently ran into a woman at the drug store and she told me that her disks did not work. I asked her to bring them by and sho-nuff.......I checked the masters and THEY DID NOT WORK EITHER! I ALWAYS SLOW BURN THE MASTERS AND CHECK THEM IN (2) DVD PLAYERS....ONE OLD, ONE NEW & $39.

Maybe I screwed up? I checked the masters from that time period for a couple local plays.......MASTERS DON'T PLAY (except the hub printable same brand!) CHEMICAL BREAKDOWN AFTER 1 FREAKING YEAR! It appears to be a CERTAIN TIME PERIOD with certain printing, but I have not investigated more than =/- 2 months yet.

Needless to say, I will NEVER, EVER, EVER use RITEK crappy DVDs again.

1. HOW THE HELL DO WE BACK UP DATA RELIABLY? SPLITTING 3 HOUR PLAYS ONTO MINI DV is time consuming and expensive.

2. HARD DRIVES ARE CHEAPER THAN TAPE, BUT HOW RELIABLE ARE THEY AND HOW LONG DO THEY LAST?

3. WHAT ARE THE MOST RELIABLE DVDS? I had already switched to Taiyo Yuden?

I apologize for being so upset about this, but I really, really pride myself in archiving people's amazing life moments and this is just disgusting to me.

Thanks a lot.

S.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]