Outputting content to DVD suitable for playback on TV & Computer

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
skeane
Outputting content to DVD suitable for playback on TV & Computer
on Apr 12, 2006 at 12:09:27 pm

Hi There....
Here's my problem....

Generally i create all my motion graphics using After Effects. When i am finished and i want to output the video (motion graphics, not filmed footage) for use on a computer display, i make sure the video is being output as progressive, usually using the Animation codec so i achieve lossless quality. Then i would author my DVD using DVD Studio Pro etc etc.... Fine!

The problem occurs when i need to create a motion graphics video that needs to be output to both Computer Screen & TV depending on the user. This causes numerous issues, mainly, for output to TV the Broadcast Colour restrictions mean i have to adjust the Output Black and Output White Levels, and therefore dramatically reduce the overall quality if it is viewed on a Computer Screen, also things like Reduce Interlace Flicker, which slightly blurs the content, and Fields also come into play. What i am left with is a video that will look great on a TV but completely unuseable on a Computer Screen!!

So up until now, i have been outputting 2 videos, with the option on the DVD menu to select the desired viewing output. One button for the TV version and another button for the PC version. This, i find to be a complete waste of time as i have to double render everything, and also not the most professional way to set up a DVD. But it's all i can think of.

So if anybody has any useful thoughts on this, i would really appreciate it. Rendering is bad enough as it is, nevermind doing it twice!!!!

Thanks in advance for your help
SKeane

After Effects 6.5
DVD Studio Pro 3
Mac G5 - 10.4.6

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]