FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bitrate Questions

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steven Free
Bitrate Questions
on Apr 12, 2006 at 2:39:48 am

Hello,
I'm all finished with 2 different video projects in Premiere 6.5 and ready to export them both from Premiere using the "Adobe MPEG Encoder" and bring them into a DVD authoring program called "DVD Lab Studio" by Mediachance. I will be burning a master of each to have DVD replications made down the road.

My question is how do I know what my audio bitrate should be set to http://www.videohelp.com/calc.htm so I can have a Calculated Bitrate?

Also, what is the difference between "Calculated Bitrate" and "DVD Max Bitrate" on that site?

Thank you

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Bitrate Questions
on Apr 12, 2006 at 3:28:55 am

If you are using VBR, you set avg to calculated and max to max. For Ac3, typically 192Kbps is fine for stereo.

Noah

Return to posts index

George W.
on Apr 12, 2006 at 11:29:49 am

In that calculator you referenced, the item labeled "DVD Max Bitrate" is just a reference for how large your MAX video bitrate can be based on the dvd spec limit of 9800kbps (video+audio -- 10080kbps adding in subpics). Notice how it changes when you adjust the audio bitrate (it leaves a little room for menus and overhead). But I wouldn't necessarily use it for VBR MAX because you might be setting the video bitrate up to 9600kbps (and some encoders will periodically "spike" above your stated max number -- potentially making your dvd non compliant).

Also, if you plan to have a second audio track, make sure you change the number of audio tracks using the "Advanced" mode of that calculator.

Regards,
George

Return to posts index

Steven Free
on Apr 13, 2006 at 8:34:10 pm

I'll give it a try. Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]