FORUMS: list search recent posts

Subtitles

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Will Moffitt
Subtitles
on Apr 6, 2006 at 4:01:14 am

I have a client who wants me to make a DVD with one of our half-hour TV shows on it. They want to have subtitles available in 5 different asian languages. They will have an outside company make the subtile files which will have a TC log and graphic files with the language subtitles. I currently use either ReelDVD or DVD Arcitect. Can I import these files into either of these programs?

I have only done one DVD with Chinese subtitles before and used ReelDVD. It worked well. But what does everyone suggest?

Will

Return to posts index

SarahXP
Re: Subtitles
on Apr 8, 2006 at 1:47:15 am

The subtitling company will be able to export the spotting file in any format required by your dvd program (STL, etc). Check the specs of your program and then request that the subtitling company give you the correct format, otherwise you will need to get the format changed, which sometimes could affect the spotting. This would be an issue since most likely you wont be able to check the accuracy of the Asian languages subtitles (unless of course you have the staff that could do this).

Subtitling companies are used to exporting spotting files on dozens of formats for dvd and nle systems (we do so all the time), so you should feel within your right to request a specific format.

Cheers, S.
http://www.proandpost.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]