FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Formats

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Benjamin18
DVD Formats
on Apr 4, 2006 at 4:59:44 am

This is probably a dumb question, but I can't seem to find anyone who knows it...

When I want to burn a DVD, I have to pick either +R or -R. But when I go and rent a movie, it's not +R or -R, it just works in everything. What format does Hollywood use, what do I need to burn it, where do I get it, and how much does it all cost? And would I still be able to use Encore for it?

Thanks in advance,

Ben Tubb

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: DVD Formats
on Apr 4, 2006 at 5:33:12 am

[Benjamin18] "What format does Hollywood use, what do I need to burn it, where do I get it, and how much does it all cost? And would I still be able to use Encore for it?"

Hollywood DVDs are not burned (duplicated), instead they are stamped (replicated). You too can have your DVDs replicated, but you can't do it yourself, as it requires manufacture of a glass master as well as a very big and expensive factory. In order to be cost effective, the minimum number of units for replication is typically 1000 units, nomally costing between $1000 and $1400, with the average being about $1200, including glass master, boxes and printed sleeves, and printed disc art.

That should just about tell you everything you need to know.

DRW

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]