FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do you turn off Progressive scan mode?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chewbacarules
How do you turn off Progressive scan mode?
on Mar 30, 2006 at 9:57:44 pm

Hey,

I mistakenly turned Progressive scan mode "ON" on my Zenith Dual DVD VHS combo and I can't turn it off. It won't play video, I only get audio. I can't get the blue screen that reads "Progressive Scan Mode ON" off my television. To my understanding, progressive scan is used for component video or s-video. How do I fix it?

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
Re: How do you turn off Progressive scan mode?
on Mar 31, 2006 at 4:52:19 pm

Oh dear! You got yourself in a pickle. As I understand it you turned on progressive scan in the menu and now you can't turn it off because you can't even see the menu? I just love technology!

1. Well, does the manual mention anything about a way to reset the machine to the factory default setup? Maybe there's a small hole in the back panel with a reset button hiding under it.

2. Do you have a friend or neighbor with a progressive scan TV that you could hook your machine to temporarily to change the menu back to interlaced?

3. Is there a progressive/interlaced button hiding on the remote for your machine?

4. How about calling the factory support number or website in the manual. They would certainly know how to solve your problem.

I hope some of this points you in the right direction.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

chewbacarules
on Mar 31, 2006 at 11:44:15 pm

Thanks for your response. I have yet to find the owner's manual, but I will try some of your other suggestions.

Return to posts index

hugasoul
on Apr 10, 2006 at 2:30:44 am

Chewy, I just did the same thing with my DVD player and I can't figure out how to turn the progressive scan off - did you have any luck??

Thanks!!

Return to posts index

Ronnie Hill
on Sep 23, 2012 at 1:08:55 am

Play The Movie in The DvD player then press the stop button once then press it again and hold it for 8 seconds

Return to posts index

hugasoul
on Apr 10, 2006 at 2:36:08 am

Chewy,

I just found this online and it worked! let me know if you need more clarifcation...thanks!

Put a disc in the DVD and press play. Pointing the remote at the player, press the STOP key to stop any disc that is playing. Next, press the STOP key again and hold it for five
seconds before releasing it. This should turn the Progressive Scan
off.

Bye!

Return to posts index

Ronnie Hill
on Sep 23, 2012 at 1:06:11 am

Thank you buddy work like a charm

Return to posts index

Richard Ward
on Sep 6, 2014 at 2:15:38 pm

I don't know if anyone is still having this problem, but I too have a Memorex DVD/VHS player combo that was stuck in Progressive scan mode. I tried everything. Then I discovered a single switch on the back side of the player that manually turns PS on and off.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]