FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mpeg2 Encoding!

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
steve
Mpeg2 Encoding!
on Mar 22, 2006 at 2:52:57 am

Ok so just to get this straight, I have homemade footage filmed on a dv cam, original footage is 1080x720, so i composite with AE and i edit it with sony vegas 6 (export 720x480p). Now I don't want to start a thread about vegas because this isn't the right forum but first things first: So being a home user, I downloaded and installed the k-lite codec pack, which includes the mainconcept mpeg2 encoder, so I'm assuming everytime I render mpeg2 it uses the mainconcept. The dilemma? Ok well renderring out of vegas, I lose a huge amount of contrast and saturation, is this normal? I didn't think so, so I use my premiere 2.0 which came with my creative suite and I used the adobe media encoder, but the same problem occured. Being out of options, and I really didn't feel like just re-installing a new mpeg2 encoder because for some reason once I uninstall they don't quite uninstall and then, codecs clash and I'm stuck formating, I downloaded the trial version of cinema craft encoder, which I hear is awsome. So i render with a few tweaked settings, now the video doens't quite looked saturated or contrast rich enough but it's a start, but sadly the full version costs wayyy to much and the water mark sucks. So what do I do? Because i would really like to get rich colors and stuff and my footage is well light and everything. anyways, thanks in advance

Return to posts index

steve
Re: Mpeg2 Encoding!
on Mar 23, 2006 at 4:24:24 pm

Am I posting in the wrong section?

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
on Mar 24, 2006 at 12:18:29 am

Your question is pretty specific...did you try the Compression forum?

Rich

Return to posts index

steve
on Mar 24, 2006 at 2:55:58 am

Nope but thank you, I will.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]