FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is this possible? PLEASE HELP!!

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
millerworld
Is this possible? PLEASE HELP!!
on Mar 16, 2006 at 5:23:44 am

I'd really like to use chapter markers to allow me to create two different 'edits' of the same piece.
I've tried this in DVD Studio Pro, using 'stories' but dont know for sure if I could get away with this on a pro project without gaps or glitches.

Here's what I'm trying to do:

The piece is made up of three sections, A, B and C.
the full piece runs as A-(transitionAtoB)-B-(transitionBtoC)-C.
the edit runs A-(transitionAtoC)-C.

If I make one long m2V that contains parts A,B and C, plus the three different transitions, all chaptermarked, can I make three 'stories' that are playlists of the chapters? Will I be able to do this without glitches, pauses etc during the playback?
It needs to be rock solidly reliable, too, across all types of player.

Oh, - and could I have the moon on a stick too please?

Thanks in advance!
Miller.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Is this possible? PLEASE HELP!!
on Mar 16, 2006 at 4:09:45 pm

Well it really depends on the material- it would work like jump cuts essentially. But stories work well on any DVD player.

Noah

Return to posts index

millerworld
on Mar 17, 2006 at 8:23:51 pm

If I were to make it so that the video and audio match up perfectly, would I be able to guarentee that the actual act of moving between chapters wouldn't introduce a glitch or gap?

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Mar 17, 2006 at 11:16:36 pm

That does not work precisely with any authoring software I know of... There are ways to cheat, primarily by fading the audio out and then back in, but making precise and seamless cuts from chapter to chapter is not really possible.

DRW

Return to posts index

millerworld
on Mar 17, 2006 at 11:52:11 pm

thats pretty much what I wanted to know...
If there's no way of creating seamless jumps from chapter to chapter, there's no way I can do what I want to do.

M.

Return to posts index

Aanarav Sareen
on Mar 18, 2006 at 7:33:15 am

I haven't used DVD Studio Pro, but Encore DVD 2.0 introduces chapter playlists and may be able to do what you want. Let me try it out this weekend and report back

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]