FORUMS: list search recent posts

Duplicating Open Session DVD?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Roesch
Duplicating Open Session DVD?
on Mar 13, 2006 at 10:45:55 pm

I am trying to duplicate a open session DVD for a client. The DVD was recorded with a stand alone external DVD burner (the kind you can plug a composite cable into and push the record button on the unit).

What is happening is this service company uses this DVD recorder in the field with a lipstick camera to record the customer's house before and after. He then gives the customer this video to show how much cleaner things are after he is done.

The challenge is that he would like to have the recordable DVDs already preburned with a promotional video and then left unfinalized. He then can record the custormers house after the promo video, finalize the disc, and then give it to the customer.

I spoke with DiskMakers and they said it wasn't possible for them to duplicate an open session DVD that can still be burned to. I was looking on the web though and came across this DVD duplicator

http://alea.com/pdf/DVDrihoII0304.PDF

which claims to "Copy most of the current DVD/CD formats and open-session DVD/CDs."

So now I'm trying to figure out is there is a way for me to get my current burners to pull of this trick (I would rather not buy the duplicator for this one job).

Anybody have and experience or ideas with this?

Thanks for your help!

Dan

Return to posts index

Gustavo Cabana
Re: Duplicating Open Session DVD?
on Sep 21, 2010 at 11:27:01 am

Hello Dan,
did you have any luck with the open session DVD's?
I had the same problem, and can't find a solution, just burn them manually with 4 stances of Nero. I got the Alea duplicator, good machine, but only work with standard formats, and they didn't gave me any help to allow burn this open session dvds...
Regards,
Gustavo

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]