FORUMS: list search recent posts

I need a new authoring app

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Cole
I need a new authoring app
on Mar 8, 2006 at 4:30:13 am

For a project coming up in June, I need to be able to add subtitling in several foreign languages, and MAYBE some kind of "game" feature.

From what I've read, I assume the affordable choices are DVD-Lab or DVDSP. ("affordable" meaning also, I could afford the time to learn how to use them.)

Has anyone some insights on caption versioning in those programs, and also on how to learn more about adding "game" features to DVDs? (This is an eduational piece for schools.)

Thanks much!

-- Bob C

Return to posts index

George W.
Re: I need a new authoring app
on Mar 8, 2006 at 12:14:55 pm

Not sure about the caption versioning, but DVD LabPro has a nice builtin function to add a "Quiz" to your DVD. Kind of like a multiple choice series of questions, and it can be programmed to display a message based on a range of correct answers.

DLP also gives you the ability to fully customize your menus and navigation -- it's got alot of advanced features.

No builtin encoder (so it expects usable streams), and the builtin burning module is pretty basic -- but they offer both those options at a nice "plugin" price...

Regards,
George

Return to posts index

Bob Cole
Thanks-- I'll try it
on Mar 9, 2006 at 10:46:44 pm

thank you very much.

-- BC

Return to posts index

WTS(JManz)
Re: I need a new authoring app
on Mar 10, 2006 at 3:01:19 am

Bob,

Both DVDSP and DVDLab Pro are great apps. DVDSP will allow you to do everything you want. I would check with Mediachance regarding DVDLab Pros' ability for closed captioning (if that's what you meant at the end of your post). AFAIK, DVDLab Pro doesn't support that feature (DVDSP does, but does require a different platform if you're not currently using a Mac).

Jim

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]