FORUMS: list search recent posts

Reduce a DVD 9 to DVD 5 with best quality results?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
testing
Reduce a DVD 9 to DVD 5 with best quality results?
on Mar 2, 2006 at 10:57:50 am

Hi - I require a software that can shrink/reduce a dvd 9 (8.5GB) to DVD 5 (4.7GB), i seem to have tried every single software i think there is in the world but the resulting quality is poor!

I stress empahsis on quality of the dvd, am no expert on this but have tried the many softwares mentioned below, please add comments on specific softwares if anything like bitrates or passes need to be changed on the below softwares that i may try.

Please also reccomend software(s) that should be able to include chapters & subtitles & menus. Below is a list of softwares that i have tried:-

Mediachance DVD Lab Pro
DVD Rebuilder Pro
Ulead DVD Movie Factory 4
Ulead DVD VideoStudio 9
DVD Shrink 3.2
Elby CloneDVD 2.3
DVD Decrypter
Nero 7 Ultra Premium Edition

I would like to re-iterate that I am looking for best quality when shrinking/reducing the DVD. Any reccomendations? Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Reduce a DVD 9 to DVD 5 with best quality results?
on Mar 2, 2006 at 3:58:34 pm

For what purpose? What not author the original disc at DVD-5. If we're talking about reducing commercial DVDs- wrong forum, wrong site...

Return to posts index

eric
by
on Mar 2, 2006 at 4:32:23 pm

Those program are a great asset to many but the when you reduce a DVD-9 to a DVD-5 quality will always suffer.

Check out this site to see if you find anything else

http://www.videohelp.com/tools

Return to posts index

Aanarav Sareen
on Mar 3, 2006 at 7:38:18 pm

[testing] "I require a software that can shrink/reduce a dvd 9 (8.5GB) to DVD 5 (4.7GB), i seem to have tried every single software i think there is in the world but the resulting quality is poor!"

Well, considering that you are almost cutting the size in half, why does it surprise you that the quality isn't going to degrade?

Return to posts index

testing
on Mar 6, 2006 at 8:20:03 am

Quote - "Well, considering that you are almost cutting the size in half, why does it surprise you that the quality isn't going to degrade?"

well because i have seen dvd9 on dvd5 with much better quality results than what the above programs offer....just to shed more light on this i am not using this for copyright dvds but for private stage shows & seminars....so i need a software that can fit many hours (more than 6hrs) of play on DVD5. thanks.

Return to posts index

testing
on Mar 13, 2006 at 6:43:40 am

ok - i did manage to get improvement on the quality using dvd rebuilder with cce - i didnt know how to specify filters for avisynth - now i do :) - but i have another question(s) -

1) are there any other filters for avisynth that can specifically improve the quality of the video?

2) i have 2 movies on 1 dvd9 (e.g spiderman, shrek) - i only want to extract shrek including all its submenus & extras...please reccomend a program that can do this - i have tried it with elby clone dvd 2 but it starts the dvd from the title menu where u can choose spiderman or shrek - i want it to start directly from the shrek menu!

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]