FORUMS: list search recent posts

Panasonic DVD burner

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
BrAd S
Panasonic DVD burner
on Feb 27, 2006 at 6:57:13 pm

I'm thinking of buying the DMR-ES20S. It's the set top DVD burner. It's got some good reviews and could really help us out. DVD screening copies instead of VHS. Quick VHS to DVD conversions. Etc.
Just wondering if anyone else has one, and if they can offer some advice.
Particularly, can you create DVDs that play automatically? I hate the standard ugly interface I've seen out of set top burners.

Thanks in advance,

BrAd

Praise to the COW

BrAd Steiner
ImageWorks Media Group

Return to posts index

Rennie
Re: Panasonic DVD burner
on Feb 28, 2006 at 7:36:54 am

I have no experience with this burner but I agree with you on the menu they have. I had a philips 985 and it created a button menu and you could select any frame from your video to create the button. You could create as many as you needed too. It did have an artsy blue background with the philps name in it behind the buttons but it was far more cool looking than the lined text menus the panny's have. It was a great machine when it was working (I got my money's worth out of it). It might be an idea to look at other brands to see what they create for the opening menu. The more you spend the better they get but basically the price goes down and the quality goes up as progress moves along. The commercial unit Pioneer makes (LX1 or something) I think allows you to import menus etc. All in all these devices are worth their price which ever you buy, they do a great job in real time too.

Anyone else know of any that create a decent looking default menu or auto play?

Return to posts index

drumrob
Re: Panasonic DVD burner
on Feb 28, 2006 at 6:57:14 pm

BrAd,

I think that's the model I have (I'm not where I can look at it right now. It does make the funky looking menu like most of the stand-alones, but it gives you the option to make your video the first play instead of the menu. So that's what I usually do. That way the viewer won't see the ugly menu until after they've viewed the video (unless they hit MENU of course). I have been very happy with this unit.

Have fun!

Rob

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]