FORUMS: list search recent posts

Scenarist Books/Resources

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
TyMan4325
Scenarist Books/Resources
on Feb 27, 2006 at 4:15:30 pm

Hey guys, I just got a copy of Sonic Scenarist through work. I honestly have no idea where I should get started. I can use Adobe's Encore with great efficiency, but I would like to make the switch if I can. As I understand it Scnearist is a better app. So I am looking for some resources and some books that may point me in the right direction. I looked on Amazon but didn't find much. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

eric
Re: Scenarist Books/Resources
by
on Feb 27, 2006 at 5:18:10 pm

http://www.dvd-replica.com/DVD/productinfo.php

Just dont let Sonic find out your using illegal software

Return to posts index

TyMan4325
on Feb 27, 2006 at 7:44:37 pm

No no, I didn't steal it. My company bought it, I just got a discount, that's why I stated that I got it through work. I am no pirate :) Thanks for the info. I will sort through the data. I used the Lynda training for photoshop and such, is there anything out there that's more like that?

Return to posts index

eric
by
on Feb 27, 2006 at 9:17:44 pm

You bought the program. I figured even the discounted version comes with a manual :)

Return to posts index

TyMan4325
on Feb 27, 2006 at 10:10:24 pm

LOL, yeah thanks. It's just way too unclear.

Return to posts index

eric
by
on Feb 27, 2006 at 11:02:38 pm

Scenarist's manual is really bad. The only real way to discover spec level authoring is to work with somebody who knows the program well. Sit in with someone at work would be the best way.

that link I gave you is really the only thing I could find in years of searching.

Also go here as well:

http://forum.doom9.org/

Return to posts index

TyMan4325
on Feb 27, 2006 at 11:11:05 pm

Thanks a lot. Maybe I could shadow someone. I think part of my problem is that I still not 100% sure about the technical side of DVD as a format. Because I've been using Encore and it is more visual and doesn't explain what's going on behind the scenes. Have you ordered the Scenarist Survival Guide? Just checking to see if it's worth a purchase.

Return to posts index

eric
by
on Feb 28, 2006 at 2:01:16 am

Get these books for starters:

DVD Demystified Third Edition

DVD Authoring and Production

Then sit in with someone if you want to continue. Spec level authoring is a whole nother ball game

Return to posts index

TyMan4325
on Feb 28, 2006 at 2:28:02 am

I couldn't figure out how I learned Encore without learning anything about DVD Virtual Machine and things like that. I guess it just goes to show how well Adobe can do things. I just hate that the learning curve was so steep for Encore and yet I know nothing about actual DVDs as a format. Thanks again for the suggestion.

Return to posts index

Dave Friend
on Feb 28, 2006 at 10:42:34 pm

Tyman,

The survival guide will be very helpful. It is basically a step-by-step tutorial that illustrates a lot of Scenarist's power.

They used to offer a package that included their "Unofficial Guide to the DVD Spec" (or some such title) that will be a big help too. It approaches the DVD spec from the perspective of a Scenarist user. I think you will find the money well spent.

Dave

Return to posts index

TyMan4325
on Feb 28, 2006 at 11:49:05 pm

Thanks that's what I needed to hear. I will pay for it then.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]