FORUMS: list search recent posts

dvd extraction/authoring

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
reneegade
dvd extraction/authoring
on Feb 22, 2006 at 4:26:07 am

Hi,

I'm trying to take a couple chapters off of 2 dvds and compile them onto one dvd. I'm using Cinematize 1.0 which gives me both a quicktime .mov as well as mpeg2 stream. Neither DVD studio pro 2 nor idvd 3 seem to like either of these choices (they tell me it's wrong or unsupported format). I would think that since these clips are already compressed i don't need to re-compress them but am i wrong? Do i need to do something to them so that DVD SP or iDVD will accept them? How can I do this fairly easily? Should I use a different ripper than Cinematize?

I think part of the extraction problem stems from the dvds. From one dvd, my audio file when exported is an .aiff file and imports into idvd or DVDSP fine, hower the .mov file from that extraction will only import the audio and no video, in either application. WIth the second dvd, the audio file when extracted becomes an .mpg and won't import into either application, nor will any of the video files. Could my sources be funkified?

I'm working on a mac g4 1.33, OS 10.4.3.

thanks

Return to posts index

Dan Asselin
Re: dvd extraction/authoring
on Feb 24, 2006 at 10:40:09 pm

While I work on PC with Encore I have found it necessary to ALWAYS
re-generate my DVD rips before giving them over to the program. I know that is a very time consuming and "clunky" way to do it but at least I know what I will be getting. I have even found that with some rips it is necessary to generate up to a huge avi before re-compressing at 7mbVBR for best quality.

I'd love to find a better solution but at least I know this works.

Dan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]