FORUMS: list search recent posts

Getting around the default player with eDVD

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
TheJosh
Getting around the default player with eDVD
on Feb 21, 2006 at 9:26:33 pm

I'm officially fed up with DVDAccess and am testing eDVD to provide URL and PDF links through my DVD Studio Pro projects. I downloaded the trial version and found it very user-friendly, but ran into one issue.

The InterActual Player doesn't auto-install when the disk is insterted. Instead, PowerDVD auto-plays and the viewer is left convinced that the link doesn't work. It does work if they close PowerDVD and re-launch the DVD, but that's a step I don't think the average viewer would go through?

Is there any way to pre-empt PowerDVD with the InterActual installer? Is there a setting I'm missing?

Is this a flaw with eDVD? The trial version? My brain?

Thank,

JS

Return to posts index

digitalideations
Re: Getting around the default player with eDVD
on Feb 22, 2006 at 6:20:16 am

On some versions of PowerDVD, CyberLink has created a utility that supercedes any autoruns and goes straight into DVD video. There is nothing you can do about that with any enhanced DVD solution except to give instructions in your DVD video for what to do if the link does not launch.

The good news is that, increasingly, InterActual software is baked into versions of PowerDVD as well as versions of WinDVD and CinePlayer. So while you may find it does not work on your system, you will find on other computers that the content will actually play within the native DVD player, fully functional with all web and ROM links.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]