FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Studio Pro 3 and Photoshop created menus/text/ overlay...

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott_E
DVD Studio Pro 3 and Photoshop created menus/text/ overlay...
on Feb 16, 2006 at 8:51:46 pm

I've been using Photoshop created menus/text/overlays in DVD studio pro for various authoring projects. The completed projects look great on NTSC/TV monitors. However, when played fullscreen on my PC or Mac they look horrible. I understand the difference in resolution between the 2, but have been struggling to remedy the problem.

I use the standard Photoshop NTSC 720x480/ 72 res for my current menus. I've tried higher res versions, larger sized versions, 16:9, ect. The outcome is still the same. Looks like crap on fullscreen.

I'd love to be able to create either a DVD menu that looks good on NTSC and higher res monitors,or simply 2 versions, where the user can select NTSC/Comp monitor before viewing.

Because I've tried hi res menu versions, I get the feeling the problem in on DVD Studio Pro3 side of things. Possibly the compression it uses when built? Any suggestions?

Thanks in adcance.

Return to posts index

Scott_E_v2
Re: DVD Studio Pro 3 and Photoshop created menus/text/ overlay...
on Feb 16, 2006 at 9:17:17 pm

Jeez, I just realized this subject has been done to death on these forums. Sorry, they didn't show up in my half-assed search.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]